Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

On Twitter

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow

WELCOME

Welcome to my Christmas blog. If you arrived here from my other blog, Gracenotes For Today then you already know all about my love for cardmaking, home dec items, sewing projects and graphic design.

This site will host anything with a Christmas theme, either NEW or that was previously on the Gracenotes For Today site. Also, to the above list, I will include some of my poems that are perfect for use with cardmaking.

I'm so happy you decided to drop by. Please feel free to comment on anything you see here that inspires you.

~ Grace

Don't Miss the Others

The "Popular Posts" list below is automatically generated by the number of visits these postings receive.

To see more cards, check out Cards by Type or Cards by Cartridge Used in the right sidebar.
Powered by Blogger.

Grace Notes

Grace Notes
Visit My Regular Site
November 03, 2011

DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?



Not Just for Shepherds

The Sentiment, "Do You See What I See" is quoted from the Christmas carol by the same title. When I noticed that these polar bears were gazing upward, it gave me the idea to have them looking up into the heavens on the night that bright star appeared. The light from it was like no other star in the sky. And on that silent night, angels could be heard singing. Perhaps these bears heard the beautiful sound. It's for certain they saw the star, for how could they not!

Do You See What I See, polar bear card. A Grace Baxter design.

Card Details

The white card base has several layers overlain. The first is the night sky, cut from navy glittered felt. To that, I added hand-cut layers of snow drifts. The front layer is glittered white. All layers are pop-dotted for dimension. The bears are cut at 3" and 2.5" cut from smooth cardstock.

Polar Bear card front

I prepared the sentiment on my computer and sponged the edges with gold. The star and sentiment mat are the same yellow. I added some shine to the star with gold glitter paint. 

These bears seem to have their own personality. I love their expressions and their cheerful red scarves.


~Grace

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Because of abuse spamming, comments are now being moderated. Legitimate comments will appear after validation. I still love hearing from you!

FUN MAIL!

Who doesn't love getting fun and free items in their mailbox? Follow me by Email and you'll receive notice of each new posting as soon as it happens! Enter your email address in the box below.

About Me

Faithful Followers