Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

On Twitter

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow

WELCOME

Welcome to my Christmas blog. If you arrived here from my other blog, Gracenotes For Today then you already know all about my love for cardmaking, home dec items, sewing projects and graphic design.

This site will host anything with a Christmas theme, either NEW or that was previously on the Gracenotes For Today site. Also, to the above list, I will include some of my poems that are perfect for use with cardmaking.

I'm so happy you decided to drop by. Please feel free to comment on anything you see here that inspires you.

~ Grace

Don't Miss the Others

The "Popular Posts" list below is automatically generated by the number of visits these postings receive.

To see more cards, check out Cards by Type or Cards by Cartridge Used in the right sidebar.
Powered by Blogger.

Grace Notes

Grace Notes
Visit My Regular Site
November 13, 2011

Joy to the World

I've been waiting a whole year to post this card. I couldn't give away the surprise until my daughter opened it. I love anything to do with musical instruments, and at Christmas time, it's the perfect theme. The French horn has a beautiful sound (and my daughter used to play it in school) so it is especially appropriate for her.
Joy to the World, music Christmas card front

For the horn, I used gold foil cardstock. Once again, I opted for the traditional colours of red and green. They work beautifully with the gold horn. I used a tag from Winter Woodland to cut the cream-coloured musical background.

The following picture shows more detail on the card front. For the Joy to the World sentiment and black shadow behind the horn, I used black sparkle cardstock. I wish I could remember where I purchased it. This is not your typical glitter stock. It's quite heavy so you need to set the blade to 6. The evergreen swag is made from several sprigs of green, punched with my Martha Stewart punch, and one gemstone holly berry sets off the swag.

Joy to the World, French Horn music card

Inside
Joy to the World, inside card
I had more fun creating the inside of the card. First, I made the scripture verse on the computer, framing it in red. Then I added a large black sparkly treble clef and red swoosh.


For the bottom panel, I prepared the verse on my computer and printed it on the same heavy white cardstock. A red 16th note with black swoosh completed the inside. I punched the corners of the bottom panel and added some inking to the top one.

This card, with its brass instrument reminds me of a Salvation Army band playing Christmas carols on a snowy night.

Doesn't it just make you want to join in the singing of Joy To The World?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love all things music...and this one is awesome!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Christmas cards, Grace! Your Christmas graphics are very pretty too!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the happy recipient, I loved this card!

    ReplyDelete

Because of abuse spamming, comments are now being moderated. Legitimate comments will appear after validation. I still love hearing from you!

FUN MAIL!

Who doesn't love getting fun and free items in their mailbox? Follow me by Email and you'll receive notice of each new posting as soon as it happens! Enter your email address in the box below.

About Me

Faithful Followers