Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

On Twitter

Follow Me on Bloglovin

Follow

WELCOME

Welcome to my Christmas blog. If you arrived here from my other blog, Gracenotes For Today then you already know all about my love for cardmaking, home dec items, sewing projects and graphic design.

This site will host anything with a Christmas theme, either NEW or that was previously on the Gracenotes For Today site. Also, to the above list, I will include some of my poems that are perfect for use with cardmaking.

I'm so happy you decided to drop by. Please feel free to comment on anything you see here that inspires you.

~ Grace

Don't Miss the Others

The "Popular Posts" list below is automatically generated by the number of visits these postings receive.

To see more cards, check out Cards by Type or Cards by Cartridge Used in the right sidebar.
Powered by Blogger.

Grace Notes

Grace Notes
Visit My Regular Site
December 19, 2014

WARM BIRTHDAY WISHES


Masculine Christmas Birthday Card


This one is for my son whose birthday is Christmas Day. It could work well for any man you know who has a winter birthday.


Cardstock Determines Style


I love the new CS stack I bought recently at JoAnn's. It's called "Pine St. Square" and has so many great rustic designs. I especially love this design for the deer, wearing their plaid pajamas. (Work with me here people.) 

And while shopping there, I just happened to pick up a single sheet of plaid paper that is the same plaid! Don't you love when that happens? Totally unplanned and fabulous.

Details


The card size is 4-1/2" x 6-1/4" cut from black CS. This is a tad larger than the usual A2 card, sized just right for my envelopes. Mitts are shadowed with black but not attatched to them. Plaid mitts are popped on top of the shadow.

Sentiment


I created the sentiment on my Gypsy using 3 different fonts. Normally, the rule is to use no more than 2 fonts on anything. But Cricut had used 3 for a similar phrase on the Winter Woodland cartridge. Apparently, they don't know the typography rule so I figured I could get away with it, just this once.

Here's the breakdown for the sentiment:
Warm - from Winter Woodland
Birthday - I created using Library Fonts, script
Wishes - Winter Woodland

Inside


I wrote a little poem for the inside, based on a children's song I used to sing to my son, years ago. (I hope he remembers.)

For the wee winter home, I embossed the left edge.

Corners are cut from the same green used on the front. It's a funny green that matches perfectly with the background paper.




Okay, okay. You want to see the finished inside including the poem. Fine, but no snickering. It's a family thing and ever since typing it this afternoon, I can't get that little song out of my head!







Cartridges Used

Elegant Edges - green gear-shaped circle behind mitts
Joys of the Season - Mitts
Library Fonts - "Birthday"
Winter Woodland - "Warm" and "Wishes"



I entered this card in the Craft Journal Challenge, Make it Monday - Anything Goes Winter, HERE. Fingers crossed that my entry places in the top 3.




4 comments:

  1. Visiting from Kraft Journal where I saw the wonderful plaid card. Nice that you found the plaid papers. Wanted to let you know I did not see the challenges listed and did not see the challenge links you are entering. I made a card using Cricut cartridge Winter Woodland.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing that out, Melissa. I have now made the link.

      Delete
  2. So glad you entered your "winter" card in the Kraft Journal challenge. It is so fun to find papers that match. They really look like they should have been in the same pack. I'm sure your guy is going to enjoy this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic. I love that you found that matching plaid. What a bonus! The mittens are really cute. Thank you for joining ScrapbookerPhD's masculine birthday card challenge this month. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Because of abuse spamming, comments are now being moderated. Legitimate comments will appear after validation. I still love hearing from you!

FUN MAIL!

Who doesn't love getting fun and free items in their mailbox? Follow me by Email and you'll receive notice of each new posting as soon as it happens! Enter your email address in the box below.

About Me

Faithful Followers